Sep 30, 2010

Spinning

So, I have committed myself to a 5:30 AM spin class two days a week. DID YOU HEAR ME?! I have to wake up at 5ish two days a week. This was the first week. And let me just tell you about it. My boss and I got the idea last week to go to this class. Now I feel that I can't let my stinking boss down. Therefore I drag my ass outta bed at 5:00 AM to get dressed, drink water, get my butt to the gym, set my bike up, and start pedaling. Y'all this shit is hard. I feel like I am going to die. Then I get this adrenaline rush. And I kick that bike's ass. Then I die again.

My instructor is a 65 year old retired Marine (ok I made that up, but he could be). He tells the class of 7 - mostly of older women - to KEEP IT UP! Come on ladies 30 MPH THAT'S QUICK!

I am pretty sure my behind is chaffed. I learned today that I need biking shorts. According to the 50 year old lady next to me ... you can't make it in the class without bike shorts.

And here I thought I had enough padding back there to begin with.

2 comments:

NEEDLEWINGS said...

I have never done spinning, but heard it was fun. Hmmm... me things that there is more than fun to it. LOL

Glo said...

oh wow. a 5 am spin class. thats rough.