Feb 26, 2007

too hot

As I was getting into the groove of things this morning I almost set the building ablaze.

Here's what happened.

I lit a candle, and placed it in an inconvenient place.

As I was writing letters and numbers from a stack of papers that was in hand, I looked up and saw that the pages that were flipped over were on fire. I was holding onto fire. In my office.

As smoke rose, I attempted to blow out the flames I screamed, "Oh shit."

Flames not going out.

Throw stack of burning papers on the plastic thing underneath my desk. Still burning. Still smoke.

This place is going to burn down because I am an idiot.

I am an idiot.

The fire alarm is going to go off because of me.

What puts out fire?

Water.

Water! I have bottled water.

Pour bottled water on-top of flames.

Fire extinguished.

I am a firefighter.

No comments: