Jul 3, 2009

money, money, money ... MONEY!

I have never been good with money. It always burns a hole in my pocket. Since that first day when I was 16 and my dad took me to get my first checking account until today 9 years later, I haven't learned a thing.

Yesterday I took a look at my bank account balance and it was sickening.

So. I made a decision. One I am going to keep to. I vow to FINALLY be better with my money. I told Aaron to put me on a financial diet. He made me promise to actually go through with what he says and not just think it's a good idea. Also, a friend recommended this site. I am going to give it a try and see how it works.

I have a credit card to pay off. A savings account that needs some major beefing up. A checking account that needs some TLC. And a piece of mind that needs some settling.

This is my solemn vow.

To my dearest friends, this means no more daily lunches out, many trips to El Compadre and India's (although I will miss it so), and weekend shopping trips. I will allow myself some treats now and then. But instead of paying a million dollars on dinner and drinks, why don't we put luck it and save some major bucks?

Help me. Please let me know any financial tips that have helped you. I desperately need it.

This twenty something thing is not as easy as it looks.

1 comment:

jess peregoy said...

something that helps me is to take out an allowance of sorts of cash and i can only use it until i get paid again. i use it for my food, cigs, whatever. i never think about my money swiping away with my debit card. it keeps me a little more on track.
after i looked at my bank statement and saw how i spend my money it pissed me off so i was kind of in the same place as you (and still am) i splurge every once in a while. i think you have to.