Jul 28, 2009

Waiter Rant

This past Saturday Aaron and I went to my favorite restaurant. Since we are low on funds, we decided going in that we would try and conserve our money and split an entree, and I'd get a salad. Also, after looking at the wine list, alcohol would have to wait until we got home to that $10 bottle of pino grigio in the fridge.

We sat down and was greeted by a nice looking younger gentleman. He took our drink orders of iced tea. I could tell he was a little upset that we did not partake in any alcohol. He brought us our bread and drinks, and we placed our order. The waiter wasn't extremely friendly as I noticed he was with the other tables around us in this intimate restaurant. Our glasses became empty, but he did not come to refill. I got my salad, still no refills. He didn't come to check on us. Our food came out, still no offer for refill, and no scraping the bread crumbs off our table, as I noted he did for another table next to us. Finally I asked for a tea refill. He got another person to take care of it. Not once did he come check on us while we ate our entree. Not once. About 10 minutes after we finished he came to clear our tables. Didn't ask if we wanted dessert, which this place is typically known for. I told him we'd like some with some coffee. He was not nice, not attentive, and just not a good waiter. I believe it was all because two young people were sat at his table on a Saturday night. I looked around an noticed that the place wasn't packed. Had we not sat at his table, he would not have had anyone sit in our spot. He judged us immediately. Thought we weren't good tippers. Little did he know that Aaron and I are very good tippers.

I ended up giving him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he was having a bad night. Maybe his boss was a jerk. I left him a $5 bill and will take my business across the river to my second favorite restaurant that has just as good food with a little more cost and a lot better service.

No comments: